Tuesday, July 19, 2011

"Crave The Word" series

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. (Psalm 46:1)

We all know that God is pretty awesome. He's always there, hearing our prayers and all that stuff. I've been a Christian for four years now. I am 16 years old, turning 17 this year 2011. Before those amazing four years of my life came to be. I had a distorted view on Christianity -- what it meant to be a Christian, I'd know in my heart and mind. I grew up in a Christian family and a Christian community. I went to a Christian school. I know what Christians are, how they're supposed to act, and how they should live. When I started to accept Jesus as my personal Lord and Savior, things started out great and still is great. Trials come my way but I always hold on to the Bible for encouragement and great advice. The Bible is really the greatest friend you'll ever have.
There came a time in my life that I'd been busy with school works, activities, ministry, etc. that I've been forgetting my personal time and devotion with Jesus. I never felt complete. Trials again came my way, they weren't ordinary trials for me. I really felt that these were hardcore trials, that I couldn't surpass them in anyway. I started flunking school works and responsibilities. I started to become stressful and unapproachable. Thoughts came to my head. "Why are you doing this to me, God?", "I don't deserve this.", "I wasn't like this before. Something must be wrong with me." I broke down and cried and just prayed, and then it occurred to me that He is there. "I AM HERE. my daughter!" God said to me in my prayers. He was trying to get my attention, and how dumb of me not to notice Him. I started to read my Bible that night, and came across the verse Psalm 46:1. It did give me encouragement. It enlightened me and gave me the strength I need to do errands and works for school. He is an ever-present help in times of trouble. Up to now, I hold on to this verse, for it will surely remind me that my Father is always right beside me, no matter what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment